2020 has been off to a difficult start. Let’s not forget the lessons that nature teaches us: in times of uncertainty, seasons come and go and nothing is permanent.
The season of summer is now here and will hopefully bring change. As the world starts to re-open, we can begin to get some resemblance of our normal lives and resume our favorite activities.
Vitamin D, the number one vitamin to protect against Covid-19
Fight stress with 5 proven strategies
As many of you have asked, the best homeopathic diet program
- VITAMIN D -
Now is the time to address your Vitamin D levels. Maintaining proper Vitamin D may be the best defense against COVID-19 and other infections, and may reduce the severity of symptoms if you were to contract the disease. Maintaining proper D levels is easy and inexpensive.
The optimum Vitamin D levels are between 60 to 80 ng/mL.
One study of 780 COVID-19 hospital patients in Indonesia found those with 20-30 ng/mL of Vitamin D had a 7 timers higher death rate than those in the normal range. Those below 20 ng/mL had a 12 times higher risk of death! Read here:
There are over 20 ongoing studies researching the benefits of Vitamin D in helping prevent and fight COVID-19.
- Cytokine Storm -
Healthy Vitamin D levels prevent a “Cytokine storm”, a severe immune reaction in which the body releases too many cytokines into the bloodstream too quickly. Cytokines play an important role in normal immune responses, but having a large amount of them released all at once can have a devastating effect on your health.
The darker your skin, the more sun exposure you need to raise your Vitamin D levels. Melanin acts as a natural sunblock and reduces the UVB rays your body can absorb. While a fair-skinned person may benefit from just 15 minutes of sun exposure, a dark-skinned person may need 90 minutes to absorb the same amount of Vitamin D.
- Elderly -
The elderly are known to have low Vitamin D levels that put them at a higher risk for contracting and experiencing more intense symptoms than the general population. 42% of all the COVID related deaths have occurred in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
1,000 IU/day is a good dose for the general population. For those at higher risk or deficient may need 4,000 to 5,000 IU/day.
The flu activity typically peaks in December. In the event of another wave of COVID, it is important to maintain proper Vitamin D levels at all times, but especially now during this pandemic.
It is recommended to have your Vitamin D levels tested prior to supplementation. You can ask for Vitamin D levels to be tested during your routine blood work or Grassroots Health has a Vitamin D study you can participate in. You can order an at-home test here.
It’s recommended to re-test every 3 to 6 months.
- STRESS -
Managing stress is critical for optimal health. We’ve all gone through stressful changes this year. It’s more important now than ever to be proactive!
Stress creates physiological changes to your body and impacts your immune system. Below are some simple actions you can take to help manage stress:
- Exercise - Exercise decreases muscle tension, boosts mood, helps with sleep, and decreases stress hormones.
- 15 minutes of daily meditation - I love the Calm meditation app. They have a wonderful guided 7 and 21-day meditation program for beginners.
- Get outside - Most hiking trails are now open, spending time outdoors helps relieve stress. Just 15 minutes of sun exposure can have a positive impact on your stress by increasing vitamin D levels.
- Eat Right - Proper nutrition plays a large part in avoiding and fighting stress. A plant-based lifestyle, coupled with gut-healing foods help to promote overall well being.
- Proper Supplementation - Targeted supplements can help you fight stress and stay healthy. Our favorite stress supplement is:
Stress Factors is a blend of nutrients and amino acids designed to nutritionally support an increased parasympathetic response. It is an excellent choice for nutritional support when you are burned-out, stressed-out, and emotionally liable.
- A blend of nutrients and amino acids to nutritionally support an increased parasympathetic neurological response
- Support for a balanced healthy emotional expression
- Anti-Stress mood modulating benefits
During the lockdown, exercising became a challenge. Many people gained a bit of weight as our lives and habits got uprooted. Many of my patients have asked about weight loss supplementation so I will share.
Our most popular weight loss product is hA2cg because it is safe, fast, and effective.
These homeopathic drops stimulate the brain and help to rewire the metabolism. This program is the one to go on when other diets fail. While on this plan, you can expect to lose up to a pound of fat per day.
hA2cg Stands for "human amino acid chain groups." After years of research, DesBio isolated the two active amino acid chain groups responsible for stimulating the body to burn its fat stores.
They combined these with 21 of the most targeted and time tested weight-management homeopathic ingredients available, which created the most comprehensive formula ever designed to be used in conjunction with a calorie-restricted diet.
This unique formulation supports crucial body systems to:
- Help control appetite, reduce hunger, support glucose metabolism
- Support organ systems involved in metabolism, detoxification, and drainage
- Help reduce uncomfortable side-effects associated with dieting, including low moods, lack of energy, and fatigue
- Diminish plateaus and ineffective periods of weight loss
- Improve the successful maintenance of weight dramatically
hA2cg is administered in the form of liquid drops under the tongue - 10 drops, 3 to 6 times a day in conjunction with a low-calorie diet.
For any questions, please feel free to call or email our office.
The 1000 Calorie Program alternative is designed for more active individuals who want to melt the fat away, yet still, have the energy to work out and build muscle. It is a popular diet in my center because of the convenience of having a delicious breakfast shake, while still allowing up to a pound of fat loss per day ± with the average weight loss being about 5 pounds per week.
The basic diet is the same with 2 exceptions: there is no fat loading phase and you are allotted a higher amount of protein per meal.
This 1000 calorie protocol consists of the Ha2cg drops, Optima Lean shake, and Equolslim capsules.